So today my husband had a really, really, REALLY good day. He wrote about it here...go check him out. He rocks. The fact that he is so good at what he does (who am I kidding, he's good at EVERYTHING he does) makes my heart go pitter-patter. I love him....but I digress.... So, I thought perhaps I should write about MY own good day...
It started at 6:20. Which isn't really all that good. Especially when it's the first official day of summer break and I should be able to sleep til at least 8! But nonetheless, I was up and at'em so that I could have myself showered and ready to go by the time I had to beckon the Littles (wren, jewel and jaxon) from their slumber. The girls start their summer training schedule this week which is Mon-Thurs, 8am-noon, and the smallest of the small ones is attending a VBS with a school buddy this week.
Now for a list of the GDMs (Good Day Moments)
- we got out of the house on time. Nothing short of a miracle.
- Jaxon was put into his small group with his buddy. (Logistics like this hardly ever happen without a hiccup for us)
- Jaxon went off with his friend and got himself settled with nary a moment of hesitation. Huge milestone.
- I ran into several old friends while standing around the church lobby. Some I haven't seen for several years or more. (I love reunions) Made plans to get together Wednesday with one of them.
- had a great conversation with another dad from our church (their son is one of Jaxon's besties) who has just recently been let go from a 16 year career. It was very sudden, with no notice and no severance. The grace and peace with which he is handling this overwhelming situation is nothing short of inspiring.
- a decent morning grocery shopping. I have always enjoyed providing for my family in this way.
- Upon realizing I had a few minutes to spare, I went and visited the big box garden center and splurged on some potted flowers for the front porch. Stuff is already being discounted...WOOT!
- The sun was shining and it was neither 50 degrees nor 100 degrees. Practically perfect.
- A few more random meet ups with a few moms I haven't chatted with in a long time during the pick-up time at VBS.
- Fun lunch of making personal biscuit pizzas. Kids love making their own lunches.
- A nap. 'nuff said.
- Dinner - which can by hit or miss when the hubs is traveling. We sat at the table and ate together. This one was a hit.
- A spontaneous trip to the spider web park...it was a gorgeous evening and couldn't be wasted sitting indoors.
- A spontaneous trip to McDs for treats on the way home. (at least the kids think it was spontaneous)
- Kids all make it to bed at a decent time. Bonus!
So yeah...there ya have it. Nothing spectacular, but I made it thru the day without losing my temper, kids ate pretty decent meals; it's the small things that count for me. So it was a good day here in the Hinterland...especially considering the hubs isn't here and I had to be up at o'dark hundred hours...and I am praying for a repeat tomorrow. I suppose it would help if I actually went to bed and got a decent night's sleep. Hmmmm...
Karyn - What a delight it is to meet you! You had me laughing when I read your profile - maintaining the house is not the same as cleaning it. I sooooo understand you! *wink*
I'm glad to have a new friend in MN. :o)
Post a Comment