Things I learned in April
1. Puppy love is awesome. Not the mushy teenage kind. Actual.puppy.love. So many lessons wrapped up in this bundle of fur and energy.
|This is 6 1/2 mo old Orchid Jane Isabelle. we love her.|
2. I am too old and life is too short to try to get certain people to like you. But it's painful to realize an entire group of supposedly grown-up women, some of who I thought were honest to goodness friends, have the ability to send me right back to high school. It's even harder when they make me feel like my contributions and participation in an organization I have been part of for many years are un-needed and not valued. I need to surround myself with people who truly want to be around me and act like grown-ups.
3. Sunshine makes me happy. Here in the Hinterland (read upper midwest) we have had the most miserable spring on record. 20+ inches of snow in March alone and lots of wet dreary days in April. We have had exactly 5 days with temps above 60 degrees so far. Those have been glorious, the rest of it? meh.
4. Peanut butter doesn't stick to freshly-washed (still damp) celery.
5. It's really really ok to let the phone go to voicemail.
6. Cold sores suck. (I have known this for many years now unfortunately, but haven't had one for over two years so this latest flare up was especially sucky - plus the timing could not have been worse)
7. Snow in May is awesome and dreadful all at the same time. It's May 2nd and there is now 12+ inches on the ground with the potential for more before the storm is done. seriously?
|May 15, 2009|
|May 2, 2013|
8. Parenting a teenager is also dreadful and lovely, and hard, and fun and scary all at the same time.
9. Songwriter/worship leader Laura Story is a most awesome lady....real, authentic, vulnerable, inspiring, oh so talented. It was a pleasure to worship with her (and 1100 other women) at a conference recently. A delight for the soul to hear her sing and get a chance to say hello. (I'm not sure why my face is so flushed!)
10. Been sitting at 9 for a whole day now....not sure I can think of anything else. So that's it!