gonna try this one again since it made for an easy post last month...ahem.
1. I am pretty certain I would never survive as a working full-time mom ever again. I recently worked three days; my house was a mess - I didn't cook a single meal - kids were wearing their cleanest dirty clothes - I missed my husband, and I felt like I hadn't hugged my kids in a week. I am not ashamed to admit I am a well-kept woman (aka blessed to be a SAHM) and love that my time is mostly my own, esp with all 4 kiddos in school full-time. I have the utmost respect for any momma out there that is juggling home and full-time work all at the same time....bended knee to you.
2. The end of school cannot come soon enough. can.not. Here's another lovely lady's take on things... http://jenhatmaker.com/blog/2013/05/30/worst-end-of-school-year-mom-ever
and another.... http://wearethatfamily.com/2013/05/welcome-to-summer/
3. It needs to stop raining. We had only 5 days in the entire month of May that did not involve some kind of precipitation. 5 days out 31. I am not a math person but them ain't such good percentages.
4. Appliance shopping is mind-boggling! So many choices - so similar yet so different, so many reviews and opinions. I fear for when we start looking at countertops. ACK!
5. Sunshine, birds chirping, Caribou vanilla zebra mocha, along with a little impromptu garage-saleing with a dear friend is just plain good for the soul.
6. I am still and forever a nail-biter. While this isn't something I have actually "learned" it's time to realize that I have been and always will be. I can go years at a time and be fine and then one becomes ragged or weak and away I go chewing and picking at every little raggedy edge. I am currently chewing 4 of them.... the index and middle fingers on both hands. I hate it about myself. hate. it. It will take my months (or longer) to "get it out of my system" and be able to let them start growing again. And yup, I have tried every method to "stop"....
7. I love (LOVE) Caribou coffee. Specifically, vanilla white/dark(zebra) mochas. I don't drink "coffee" but I do drink this. Just the thought of maybe getting one can totally make my day. Especially if it means a date with my husband or a friend...and especially when they treat me with a few extra beans. Isn't it lovely?
Now if they could only make them zero calorie. hmmmmm....