1. up at a decent hour - slept in a bit, but not so late that I was feeling neglectful of my children who had been up since who knows when. ahem.
2. two loads of laundry done! They do still need to be folded tho so technically not ALL the way done.
3. making lefse with my dad. He has been making lefse for Christmas for as long as I can remember, and he makes GOOD lefse! I told him he needed to teach me one fo these years - so I offered to do it here at my house this time so he could show me the ropes - 5 lbs of flour and all. It was fun, I didn't turn too many pieces into "rejects" and it was fun to hang out with my dad watching him at something he's so good at it.
4. angry momma (not to be confused with her evil twin, raging lunatic mother) reared her head only a couple of times today - the kids just seemed to be in that state where they had to be nit-pickin and buggin each other..esp when it was time to leave the house.
5. had to steam clean a carpet - the family room - after redder than red kool-aid was spilled. Now dont' get me wrong, I love me a chance to do a little carpet cleaning...but it wasn't on the "official" agenda for the day so now I am a little behind being ready for our guests tomorrow.
6. late getting Coleo(11) to drum lessons - and then realized (because of the aforementioned difficulty of getting my crew of 4 out the door in a timely manner) that we forgot somethign at home we needed later in the evening so had to go back home while he was drummin. I hate wasted trips/gas back and forth across town. And then realized after the first trip hoem that I still didn't have my cell phone on me. arrgh.
7. Dropped Coleo off at the wal-mart clear across town to do a little Salvation Army bell ringin with the middle school boys from church - no small feat considering it was below zero temps and even farther below zero wind chill....I was porud of him for wanting to do it.
8. Dinner out with the Hubs and the 3 littles (Wren and Jules 7 1/2- and Jax 5)
9. Off to the Dollar store so the 3 littles could buy each other and dad gifts - a tradition we've started to help them understand this season is not all about "getting".
10. Then off to church for the best part of the day - band practice for our Christmas eve service....I get to sing with two other gals and oooWee do we sound good!! I'm just sayin'. Normally the 3 of us sing with different bands and this is the first time we've all been singing together and man was it fun!
11. The dreaded part of the day...a (very) late night wal-mart run....stocking up on essentials plus holiday menu food....and then pushing two carts thru the parking lot IN THE BLOWING SNOW! ugh..but the Hubs was most wonderful to stay up and help me unload from the car and then put stuff away. Then we sat for a few minutes together enjoying a piece of lefse and a hot cocoa before he headed up to bed.....and I am S'POSED to be searching for a veggie lasagna recipe....so I better get to it!
We are hosting the Hubs family tomorrow for our Christmas with them...should be a nice time together - hoping the weather behaves itself for their drive down.
Yay! You're a blogger now! Awesome! You'll love it. It's everything you said it is...It can be somewhat self-indulgent...but in a good way...Cathartic to say the least! I'm excited to sing with you and Kendra too! How much fun is that?! Happy lasagna making!
Post a Comment